Welcome Back to School & Orientation
View Map of our Event Here
Stations at our Event
- Payment Station - accepting Cash, Credit & Check (Cash and Check preferred)
- Slater Gear Station - Check out our new wicked awesome Slater Gear!
- School Supplies - Visit our Slater Renaissance Table and pick up some school supplies
- Connections Schedules - Get your class for the first day of school.
- Planner Station - Get your new Planner!
- Athletics Station - Register for Athletics at Slater
- PE Clothes Station - Purchase your PE Clothes
- Campus Tours - Led by our wicked awesome Slater Leadership Students
- Parent Teacher Association (PTO) - Join our PTO!
- English Language Acquisition Organization (ELAC) - English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) - Join a team that develops recommendations for programs and services for English Learner (EL) students.
- Yearbook Station - Check out our past year's Yearbooks and purchase your new year's yearbook!
- Chops Teen Club Station - learn about this amazing community resource. Read More Here
7th & 8th Grade Orientation
2023 - 2024 Orientation will be held on Friday, August 11th
Please have your child registered PRIOR to this event.
Bienvenidos al distrito escolar Santa Rosa City Schools!
Por favor utilice los enlaces que están a continuación para obtener más información sobre el proceso de inscripción de las escuelas y otros temas. Para registrar electrónico, use este domicilio electrónico srcschools.org/register. Si tiene alguna pregunta, llame a nuestra línea de inscripción bilingüe al 707-890-3808
Please Join us Friday, August 11
Where: Slater Gym
Time: See below according to student's last name
During orientation students and families will receive information on how to prepare for the new school year, as well as opportunities to purchase PE clothes, learn what supplies to bring, meet staff and see the campus.
(All Students are encouraged to attend)
Incoming 8th Grade Students
- 9:00am - 11:00 am
Incoming 7th Grade Students
- 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Please Have this Form Filled out Prior to Arrival - click here
Welcome to Slater
Welcome you to our wonderful school and give you a few tips that will make orientation go smoothly for you. Orientation is a very important day and if you come prepared, the experience will be a positive one.
1. Please come to orientation at your scheduled time. Doing so will keep the lines moving quickly. We encourage students to be accompanied by a parent/guardian at Orientation. You will be going through several stations on Orientation Day.
2. In order to participate in Orientation, families must have completed the registration process. This includes proof of all immunizations, including Tdap.
4. If you choose to purchase our PE uniform, we encourage you to do so at Orientation. If you prefer to pay via cash, check, or card, you may do so at the Cashier’s Station during orientation. If you have a brother, or sister, that has come to Slater in the past, you can also use their PE clothes.
5. Student Handbooks/planners will be issued at Orientation. We do not use lockers at Slater. Textbooks will be distributed in your student's classes. Chromebooks are school-issued property for student use. We will get your student situated the first week of school with their Chromebook if they require one.
6. You might want to bring an empty backpack to orientation to carry supplies, PE Clothes, new exciting gear, etc.
7. Please join our parent club (PTA). It’s no mystery that parent involvement is a key factor in student success. It’s also a great way to get to know our community and help shape the programs that help our kids.
8. Our Athletic Packets are now electronic. Please see the information document in this packet to get a jump-start on this process.
9. Lastly, if you could donate a few reams of paper and a box of tissue, we’d appreciate it. This simply allows us to spend our precious school dollars on kids, not paper products ☺
We hope this numbered list will help make orientation go smoothly for you. If you have any questions, we will have more information available at orientation. We are excited about serving you and look forward to a fun and productive school year. Welcome to Slater!
SUGGESTED MATERIALS FOR STUDENTS: it is recommended that each student come prepared with the following materials to help ensure a successful academic year. Teachers may have other supply suggestions during the year.
3-Three-ring binders with index dividers
Post-Its: 1” x 3” and 3” x 5”
Lined notebook paper 3 pens – 1 black, 1 blue, and 1 red
2 - #2 pencils
1 straight edge 30cm ruler
1- Highlighter pen & 2 – Dry erase markers
Subject folders for graded work (6)
Wired earbuds or headphones
COVID-19 face covering (if necessary, and in accordance with Sonoma County health regulations)
Optional: Personal Kleenex, hand sanitizer, a few band-aids
Slater Athletic Information
Below you will see the sports provided by Slater and in what season they are scheduled. In order to try out for a team, you must have a completed athletic packet submitted to the Athletic Director.
Athletic Packets must be completed online and are available online here. Please visit the athletics page on our school website and click the link to complete the packet. All packets will be submitted through SportsNet. You can find instructions on how to create an account on the athletics page and below.
Each athlete must have a completed online packet and a physical from their doctor dated after June 1st each year to be cleared to participate. There is no specified paperwork to give to the doctor for the physical. We accept a note from the doctor on the doctor’s letterhead stating the athlete is cleared to participate in sports.
- 7th and 8th-grade Girls Basketball
- 7th and 8th grade Boys and Girls Cross Country
- 7th and 8th grade Girls Volleyball
- 7th and 8th grade Boys Basketball
- 7th and 8th grade Boys and Girls Wrestling
- 7th and 8th grade Boys and Girls Track and Field
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Mrs. Kumasaka (firstname.lastname@example.org)